The Organisation “HELLENIC ASSOCIATION of TOLL ROAD NETWORK” with the distinctive title “HELLASTRON” was founded in late 2014 with the participation of all modern motorways and toll infrastructures operating in Greece.
In the non-profit organisation “HELLASTRON” the following companies participate:
- Attiki Odos S.A. www.aodos.gr
- Gefyra S.A. http://www.gefyra.gr/
- Egnatia Odos S.A. http://www.egnatia.eu/page/
- Nea Odos S.A. http://www.neaodos.gr/Home.aspx?a_id=256
- Moreas S.A. http://www.moreas.com.gr/
- Aegean Motorway S.A. http://www.aegeanmotorway.gr/
- Olympia Odos S.A. http://www.olympiaodos.gr/
- Odos Kentrikis Elladas S.A. (Ε-65) http://www.kentrikiodos.gr
The organisation was created with the overall aim to promote road transport in Greece and within such framework its object includes inter alia:
- The continuous improvement of the road infrastructures and the services provided to the users;
- The promotion of road safety;
- The promotion of research on transport issues through partnerships with relevant Organisations and Institutes in Greece and abroad;
- The development of the science of construction and management of road infrastructures, the creation of skilled and informed personnel and the exchange of relevant know-how;
- The participation in the corresponding organisations in Europe and worldwide.